Your First Visit
Your first appointment will consist of a thorough clinical examination,
which includes the following:
- Listen to your dental concern and understand your problem.
- Evaluate your smile, the condition of your existing teeth, and the health of your gum tissues and supporting bone.
- Based on the complexity of your dental condition, your first visit may include photographs, impressions for study models, and x-rays.
Once Dr. Adarve has gathered all of the information he needs, he will give you a report of his findings and put together a treatment plan for you. The treatment plan will consist of the ideal and necessary procedures as well as alternative options to treat your dental concern. You will have ample time to discuss the treatment plan with Dr. Adarve. There are times that this can all be accomplished during the initial visit, but often more complex dental conditions will need to be discussed at a separate consultation visit - at no additional charge to you.
At the time of your examination, please provide us with the following information:
- Referral slip and x-rays that you can request copy from your general dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 to the examination and consultation visit.
Important: Please alert the office if you have:
- a medical condition that may be of concern prior to any dental treatment (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
- any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or if you require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics)
For your x-ray record, you my request your dentist to forward them to our office. You may also pick them up and bring them at the time of your appointment. If additional films are necessary, the x-ray can be taken at our office. X-ray should be 6 months or less to be considered current.